the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Sunday 6 January 2008

My First Viz Whiz!

Well I made lots of progress with one of my new year's resolutions today. My people took me down to the New Forest to meet up with six other Vizslas.

There was Charlie, Radar, Eddie, Tuscan, Indy (all boys!) and Sasha (so I wasn't the only girl in the end). Not sure why it's taken my people so long to take me to one of these things, but I hope we're gonna go to another one soon.

I was a bit unsure at first. But I soon had all the boys chasing me through the bracken. They couldn't catch me tho, well, not very often.

It turned out that most of the boys - particularly Charlie - were far more interested in Tuscan anyway. So I didn't get all that much attention from the boys in the end, even though I'm about to have "that time of the year". Shame really, I quite like flirting.

It was a bit confusing with so many gingery brown dogs with red collars (at least that's why dad says he didn't manage to get any good photos), but I was the smallest one so it wasn't too difficult to pick me out. I am sort of the same colour as Charlie tho, so it wasn't always very easy to tell us apart as we raced through the bracken.

There was lots of very, very cold water to plod about in. And some really top quality sticks to get to grips with. There was also some very stinky fox poo to roll in. So not quite so much progress on that resolution. Well, what do they expect?

I was a bit disappointed that I got put in the car at the end while all the people went for a beer. I like beer, although I only get it when someone spills it on the floor and I lick it up when no-one's looking. Or when dad gives me a sip (shh, don't tell mum). Anyway, no beer for me today. Apparently I don't have very good pub manners. Pah.

It was a really good day though, and I was very, very tired when I got home which seemed to make my people pleased. I have a feeling we'll be doing this Viz Whiz thing more often. Hooray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Maggie, you all sound like you had such a good time....its not fair this 'season' thing i miss out on all the fun (and all those boys!!!). My folks wouldnt let me in the pub either ( back in dec ) but i had had such fun in the bracken/water/forest and mud, i just went straight to sleep in the van.......and all the way home.....and after my dinner....all evening !!!!!

hope we will meet up soon

ellie

(from shaftesbury)

Delilah and Rocket said...

Welcome to the Vizsla blog world Maggie. I love the posh name you have. My parents went simple "Rio Rocket". Rio is spanish for river and we live on the Clinton River here in Michigan USA. I got the Rocket after dad's motor bike a Triumph Rocket III. But they soon discovered that I could run like a Rocket. Phesants and other birds are my favorite things to chase. Hope you get that squirrel soon.

Cheers,
Rocket
the snuggle monster

Charlie said...

Hiya Maggie! i'm so embarrassed - noone told me Tuscan was a boy?! Apparently I'm the closest I've ever come to something called 'the snip' but my vet has said I can't have anything done til I've fully recovered from my op...phew! Will have to try harder to restrain myself next time...! Anyway it was lovely to meet you and I hope we do it again soon!

Dexter said...

Hello Maggie! A new girl on the blog

Always pleased to see girlie vizzies on here!

Sorry I didnt make the Viz Whiz, hope to meet you another time...

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie,

sounds like you had a great time. Think of how much you loved that walk and then times it by at least 4times and that is how many vizzies you would meet in the Richmond Viz Wiz. You must come to our next one - it is at Easter some time. If you join up to the UK HUNGARIAN VIZSLA DISCUSSION GROUP on msn groups then you will find out all the details.

Hope to keep seeing more of your blog posts.

{{{{{{{{{{Vizsla hugs}}}}}}}}}}