the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Sunday 13 January 2008

Walks, glorious walks...

Dad's away at the moment on something called 'business'. I only know one meaning of that word, and if that's what he's doing, then he's taking a very long time about it.

Anyway, it sucks, cos he's way better at throwing sticks than mum. But I found out this weekend that him being away does have good points. Because basically it means mum has nothing better to do than to take me for lots of lovely walks!

Yesterday we went to Hampstead Heath. I was hoping to find some hampsters to chase, but unfortunately it was just the usual squirrels. Pesky varmints. Still didn't manage to catch any. Mum kept stopping to look at the view, which apparently is quite famous.
But I thought it looked better upside down.And then today, we went to Wimbledon. I was promised wombles. But again, just squirrels. Oh well. At least I got lots of stick practice in. I'm pretty fast with sticks, you know. See?





























I also found a great new trick. If I find lots of nice dry, dead leaves, and then I stand really really still, it takes ages for mum to find me!

Now if I can only work out how to get some home, they'll never be able to find me at bath time again! Ha!

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Maggie that IS most perplexing. I also only know one meaning for 'business' and it doesn't take me more than a few seconds...well, minutes if I'm being really stubborn. We have said it before, and we'll say it again, those humans are just ODD.

Take my dad - he hangs around at train stations all day. I know that cos I go to pick him up sometimes and it's ALWAYS at a train station. Weird.

Good piccies - and you are SO fast I bet those sticks don't stand a chance!

ELLIE and SACHA said...

my mum has got time on her hands at the moment as her job as a gardener hasnt got a lot going on at the moment soooooooo we have been out in the forest with her on her bike and me having the most fantastic time running with her and still being able to chase a few pheasants !!!!!
..... and when we get home i get a warm shower to wash all that lovley mud off.....then i go and sit in front of the fire to dry off !!!!
Love all your piccies hope to catch up on all you adventures soon

Ellie

ELLIE and SACHA said...

Hi Maggie,

We love reading your blog........what have you been upto latley ?
Anyway mum has now let us have our own blog so thought you might be intrested in looking at it?

BrettP said...

Maggie,
It's so nice to see that someone else loves chasing squirrels. My Molly is turning 7 this month and was so happy when she brought in the first one she caught for her mum's birthday. You can see her on youtube if you search "Molly speaks whispers". She is not too good with computers so since she doesn't have a blog yet, she asked me to comment for her.