the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Monday 27 August 2012

It's been ages!

Gosh. Mum just found this blog again. It's been ages since I updated it!

What's been going on? Well, I've got another human sibling. This one's called Tess, and while her feet aren't quite as tasty as Romilly's, she's pretty darned good at sneaking fish sticks to me under the dining table. Romilly is almost four now, and that throwing arm is getting good! Balls, sticks, toys - she loves to throw.

I've got a bit older too. I'm eight now. Although pretty much every time we go out, people still ask if I'm a puppy. Sheesh. How much grey hair does a girl need before people realise they're talking to a grown-up?


Mum's got me on a diet so I don't get chubby in my old age. Apparently I'd been eating too much mac'n'cheese. I say there's no such thing as too much mac'n'cheese, but I have to admit I've been getting closer to those pesky squirrels since I stopped eating it.

I went to North Carolina earlier this year, to a place called 'Duck'. Pretty promising name, I thought, but there were only seabirds to chase, and long experience has taught me that they're too fast to catch. Still, I had a great week, haring around on the beach (one of the few beaches in these parts where dogs are allowed), and snoozing on the balcony of our rental house. Bliss.

I've been doing lots of jogging this summer. My favourite route is through the woods by the creek, because we always stop at the end for me to have a swim and cool off. Mum and Dad get really sweaty too, but for some reason they never join me in the water. It's their loss.


That's all really. Life goes on as usual. And I have to say, it's pretty good!

No comments: