the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Monday 9 February 2009

A spot of sightseeing

Hello! Sorry I haven't been blogging recently - mum and Romilly are always on skype with gran and grandad back in the UK, so I haven't been able to get on the computer. Tsk. 

Anyway, today we went down to the National Mall. I was worried it would turn out to be a shopping centre, but no, it's a sort of big old park full of statues and monuments and stuff. 


I was hoping we might run into that nice Mr Obama - am dying to know what breed the First Puppy will be - but no luck. I did find one or two interesting critters, though - and gave this one a run for his money:

But my best discovery of the day was the incomparably scrumptious Hot Dog. Dad didn't want me to try them, because last time I ate something that pink it led to the great Jumping On The Table And Running Amok incident. But I did my best begging pose...

... and mum soon caved. Hah! Delicious! 

7 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello maggie its dennis the vizsla dog hay mamas shoor ar eezy to git treets frum arnt they??? ha ha ok bye

Somnambulist said...

The first puppy HAS to be a Vizsla ;-)

Charlie said...

I think that squirrel might have been more tasty, mind you I have eaten squirrel but never hot dog. I'm hoping it's not a relative?!

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Hi Charlie. Am troubled by the thought I might have eaten one of my canine brethren. Mum says it's ok, though, and that hot dog is what is called a misnomer. S'actually beef. Phew.

Delilah and Rocket said...

HOT DOGS ARE YUMMY!

Delilah and Rocket said...

That squirrel looks yummy!

Bodi said...

Hello Maggie, this is Bodi from California! I just found your blog and I am enjoying it immensely! Please visit my blog too, when you have a moment... I would love to be pen pals!