the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Friday 5 December 2008

Baby lessons

So, Romilly has been part of my pack for 11 weeks now, and she and I are learning a lot from one another. So far, I have taught her that:

1. A happy life is one in which time is divided between eating, playing and snoozing. 
2. There is no such thing as getting too much attention. 
3. Making lots of noise is a good way to attract said attention. 

I have to say that she's outclassed me already when it comes to lesson 3. Boy, can she make a lot of noise! And with consistently excellent results - mum and dad are there in a flash! I must study her technique. But I'm also learning from her. So far, I have learnt that:

1. Milk is the best food. Romilly gets fed first, but she's very generous in directing any excess towards the floor for me. 
2. Cuddles are great. I've never been a cuddly sort of dog, but watching her spend so much time on mum's lap, I've realised what I've been missing out on. 

I'm sure we have plenty more to teach each other. I'll keep you posted. 




No comments: