the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Tuesday 25 March 2008

The more it snows, tiddley pom

Wow, I love Easter. Five whole days with my folks! Friday we went to Norfolk, to visit Grandma. She's got a great house with a big garden, and she likes me a lot so I always get plenty of leftovers. This time we had fish and chips, and I got a battered sausage all to myself. Pretty good going. 

After Norfolk, we went up to Middlesbrough. People say it's grim up north, but boy are they wrong! We stopped off in Ilkley, and went up on the moors to stretch our legs. Dad tried to get me to swim in one of the tarns, but even I don't like water that much. It was freezing! Then on to stay with my other Gran and Grandad. They made me pheasant pie (no, really), and took me to the seaside for the longest game of ball ever.  They weren't very sure about me when they first met me three years ago, but these days they like to tickle my tummy while I lie on my back on their sofa. Ha! 

Best of all, it snowed while we were there. So on Sunday morning we went for a walk in the woods in the snow. Snow is my favourite thing. I especially like snuffling around for smelly things that are hidden underneath it, and then snorting like a horse to get it out of my nose. Snowballs, though, are a puzzle. When they've been thrown, where do they go? Huh? Huh?
 


4 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

What terrific grandparents you have. I don't know where those pesky snowballs go either. I keep trying to solve that mystery myself. I'll let you know if I ever figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Wow you sound like you have had a brilliant Easter. Me and Pesto have had lots of visitors too. We too got to go and see our great grandparents though they are really old now and do like us but arn't able to tickle our tummies.

Pesto has just let me know about your snowball puzzle. You have to catch them in the air before they land.

All the best
Zig x

Charlie said...

Hah I ended up my grandma's sofa when i stayed with her too. These humans are just far too easy aren't they.

I've never seen snow :-(

Laila said...

I met my grandfather at Easter too! He gave me chicken and carrots - and even snuck me some apple pie . . . ahhhh, what a great guy!