the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Saturday 17 May 2008

Hi everyone

I've had a really confusing couple of months. You see, my mum has moved to America. And she's left me and dad behind! It's rubbish! Don't get me wrong, dad's great - his ears are just the best for chewing on, and he throws a mean stick - but one dog plus one human doesn't really make much of a pack. And dad's been away quite a lot too, visiting mum, so I've been staying with my friend Michael. 

Anyway, this week is a really big week for me cos I'm moving to America too. Gulp. I get picked up by some people on Thursday, then on Friday they put me on a plane to fly to Washington DC. Dad's told me that he'll be on the flight too, but he gets a big old comfy seat while I get stuck in a crate with nothing but my favourite blanket for comfort. It's a dog's life alright. 

So on the one hand I'm really really excited about seeing mum again. But on the other hand, I'm really scared about this flying business. I'll let you know how I get on... 

And to all you Vizslas in America - here I come! 

4 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Wish you luck with the flight. May sure you go wee-wee and do other business before you get in that crate! I live in Michigan so if you ever get up this way let us know.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck for your flight.

Charlie said...

Oooh good luck Maggie - you should be there by now I think? A transatlantic Vizsla! Hope you are not too jetlagged and gave your mum a good telling off when you saw her :-)

Laila said...

Maggie,

Where do your mom and dad move to? We should get together for a play date!!! Your mom can email my mom at renee.e.hood@gmail.com

Hope to meet you soon.

Love,
Laila