the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Tuesday 27 May 2008

I made it!

I made it to America! As Charlie Morph says, I'm a transatlantic Vizsla. Probably there aren't very many of us. We should form a club or something. 

The flight wasn't really my cup of tea, but it wasn't too bad. I got picked up the day before and spent the night in kennels (boo) but then when it was time to get on the plane I got my very own specially made compartment with food and water and my favourite blanket. And when I got off at the other end - mum and dad were there to meet me! Yeay! I had intended to sulk for a bit, but in the end I forgave them pretty much straight away, and did my best bowing and bouncing combination to remind them how great I am. 

And so far, America is pretty great too. I live right on the edge of a fab park that has not one, not two, but three types of squirrels in it. Everyone thinks I'm really pretty, and loves my English accent - especially the other Vizsla's who live nearby. And this weekend was a holiday, so we went to West Virginia to stay in a cabin on the banks of the Cheat River. Wish I had some pictures, but mum's camera broke...

1 comment:

Delilah and Rocket said...

YOU MADE IT! Been thinking about you. Glad to hear you got along ok. Welcome to America! hope you have a great time while you're here.