the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Monday 18 August 2008

beach bum

Mum and dad took me to the beach on Saturday, and it was awesome! It was a dog beach. That's right, guys, a whole beach just for dogs! It was a gorgeous hot sunny day, perfect for bounding through the surf, and some strenuous doggy paddle. Needless to say I rose to the occasion magnificently.

First I swam for my ball, until it got a hole in it and sank. Next I swam for sticks. And more sticks. And some more. Then I played with some other dogs for a bit. And then I swam for my favourite floating duck toy.

And then... I slept all afternoon on the sofa. Mum and dad were so impressed with how tired I was that we're going again next weekend. With a picnic! Hurray!

Humans call it Quiet Waters Park, near Annapolis. I call it Vizsla heaven.

5 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

We still can't find a doggie beach here in Michigan. You are SO lucky.

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

OK, so you haven't got a beach. But I just checked your blog, and you've got a new sister! That's so cool! I'm still trying to persuade mum and dad that a second v would be a great addition to the family.

Somnambulist said...

Just surfed in and as the Dad of a nearly-3-year old Vizsla, loved the blog and laughed and laughed. Maggie and Muttley share the EXACT same favourite things, and I have a feeling would get on like a house on fire! Shame they are on opposite sides of the Atlantic...

Will be back for more :-))

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Glad to know other Vizslas are keeping up the family traits. And funnily enough, Muttley is one of my nicknames!

Laila said...

I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.LOVE Quiet Waters! I want to move to Annapolis so that I can live on that beach :) We should make a play-date. When do you usually go?