the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Sunday 10 August 2008

Phew!

Mum and dad got home today after a week away. I was a bit worried cos they left met at home. Literally. Not on my own, obviously. They know I'm not very good at cooking, or at door handles. Or at being on my own, for that matter. So one of my dog walkers came to stay with me. I wasn't very sure about him being here at first, but after a few days I decided he should join my pack - and soon had him twisted round my little finger. He wound up letting me sleep on the bed and everything. Ha! 

I got some good presents, too. Dad got me a stars and stripes bandana so I can blend in at the dog park. Very fetching. And mum got me a cookie cutter in the shape of a bone. No cookies yet, but hopefully soon. If anyone knows any yummy dog biscuit recipes, please pass them on! I also got some soap. I think this is of dubious merit as a gift, but dad says it keeps bugs off (it's made with something called citronella) so I guess I'll give it a chance. 

They also told me that next time they go on vacation I might be allowed to go with them. They thought it would be difficult finding places where I'm allowed, but apparently everywhere around the Chesapeake seems to be really dog friendly. In North Carolina, I'm even allowed on the beach. Woo hoo! 

Am off for some quality cuddles on the sofa. Then I'm gonna see if I can persuade mum and dad to carry on the fine new tradition of letting me sleep on the bed. Fingers crossed...



4 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Maggie - what beach in NC allows dogs. My mum/dad love the carolinas and if they can take me with them they would.

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Hey Rocket

Looks like it's your lucky day - dogs are allowed on the beach at Duck, and at Corolla, both on the Outer Banks. They're gorgeous beaches and they go on for miles and miles and miles. Maybe I'll see you there some time!

M

Charlie said...

Keep up the hard work with the bed privileges Maggie! I have lost mine :-( but when I go away with my folks they give in and let me - yay!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am moving from Warwick to california in March/April. I will be 15 months old at that time and I am looking forward to it! Any tips you can give mom and dad would be greatefully received as it is a long journey and a bit scary for a pup
Thanks Toby