the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Thursday 28 August 2008

Messing about on the river

Ok, so it's not actually a river, it's the Chesapeake Bay at Quiet Waters, near Annapolis. And it's my bestest new place - the dog beach! Not sure you can quite see on this picture (mum's not exactly David Bailey) but there are about thirty dogs there, all having a fantastic time. 
Including me!

And if this is my bestest new place, my bestest new toy is Mr Duck. He flies (see below). He floats. He squeaks. He's chewy. What more could a dog ask of a toy? 

So needless to say, when a few of the locals took a shine to Mr Duck as well, it was time for a bit of friendly competition. I'm happy to say that with my superior doggy paddle and almost Phelpsian physique I was easily able to hold those pesky labradors at bay. 
Go team GB! 






2 comments:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Oh that looks like smashing fun. We're having a jealous fit over here.

Laila said...

There were nearly 40 dogs on the beach the last time my parents took me to Quiet Waters. It really is Vizsla Heaven.