the musings of a tail wagging, ear chewing, squirrel stalking, cheese eating, back wriggling, stick munching mutt

A South London Vizsla... in Washington DC

Hello. I really am four, although no-one ever believes me because I didn't do as much growing up as I could have done. My real name is Velveteen Magyar du Causse-Diege (I was born in France) but I prefer Maggie for short. When I'm not playing in the park or looking out the window, I like to sit on my cushion and think great thoughts. I'll try and share some of them on here.

Thursday 11 September 2008

God Bless America!

Today is a very proud day for me. 

You see, I'm a proper pedigree hound. O yes. This blog, I believe, provides ample evidence of the ancient bloodlines, the proud pose, the archetypal combination of keen hunting instinct and lovingly velcro-esque family dog. 

But I was born in France, and registered there, and when I asked if I could join the snooty old English Kennel Club they said 'non'. Quelle horreur! 

Here in America, though, the land of opportunity, liberty and justice, I have been welcomed with open arms into the American Kennel Club. Hurray! I'm an American Citizen! 

3 comments:

Laila said...

Maggie! Maggie!

My mom and dad are taking me to Quiet Waters today! Hope you might be there :)

Licks and Wiggles,
Laila

Delilah and Rocket said...

Congrats! Go celebrate with some baseball, apple pie & chevrolet! (it's a line in a song).

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Aw, Laila, sorry I missed you! We so nearly went to Quiet Waters, but in the end went to Mount Vernon instead, and I had a little swim in the Potomac there.

Hope you had fun - maybe see you there next time.

M